- leave yourself plenty of time to arrive
- not bring siblings if at all possible. (The centres can be very busy with class change-overs)
- give a snack and a bathroom break before class. This way everyone is awake, fuelled up, and ready to go for their brand-new adventure
- keep the adventure a phone-free zone. Your child needs your full attention on what is a big day for them
- have your child wear something they are comfortable and can move in. For the first three-four classes, a comfortable top and a pair of leggings will do beautifully. After week 4, the school uniform should be worn to class each week
NB There is plenty of parking available in the car park on the school grounds, and on the basketball courts.
Each child reacts differently to their first class – some join the class without so much as a backwards glance. Other children take things more slowly. Both are very normal and to be expected. We focus on what works for each child.
The blinds are kept down to minimise distractions for the students – you can usually see through the glass doors where the kids are collected from.
If you prefer to have the uniform for the first class, you can check out full uniform details
When buying ballet shoes:
- always go for the leather ones
- always go up one full size from your child’s normal shoe size
Click here, look for the uniforms section on the site, and then choose our school from the schools listed for your convenience.
Catherine & Team